Excellent health does not imply only having a great body, eating right and exercising. It may come as a surprise, but your fingernails can be one of the key pointers to a bad health. Here are some of those things:
Our nails, when look at the can seem very different: you may notice, white spots, change in color, cracks or bumps and others. These things usually do not matter but they can be extremely essential when it comes to your fingernails’ health.Because of that only a medic may notice these changes.
If you put your hand in front of your nose and examine nail after nail you can notice the thickness or thinness of your nails, their shape, shade and surface. Try to detect any differences in them. It is very important for you to spot and acknowledge these changes because they are the most common indicator of other health problems.
The 8 most frequent alerts are:
The normal nail is usually flat and smooth and does not have visible ridges on it. These ridges may indicate various problems with your health such as:
- — Lupus ( red lines occurring at the root of your nail)
- — Iron deficiency
- — Inflammation such as arthritis
- Vertical and horizontal ridges are both not to be overseen.
2. Pale Or No-Color Nails
The normal nail color is bright pink and round-shaped at the root. Shades or any other color appearance can mean different health problem, such as:
- — White nails indicate liver disease or hepatitis
- — Dark strips on top of the nails can be associated with heart problems
- — Bluish nail shade can indicate exhausted oxygen in your blood
- — Pale nails relate to lack of vitamins
- -Greenish nail color usually indicates bacterial infection
- — Red lines all over the nail may be connected to heart diseases
The best way to see these changes is when you have clean nails for several days.
3. Thick Nails
This is an occurrence which can be easily noticed and it can be related to:
- Thick nails indicate some kind of lung disease
- Thick and uneven nails are related to fungal infection
- Thick and separated nails alert thyroid disease or psoriasis
- Unordinary thick nails indicate circulation problems
Have in mind that thick nails are very obvious to notice but can also be reaction to taking allergies medication.
4. Small Nail Dents:
Even though dents can be a result of hurting your hand, in some cases that could indicate symptoms of:
- Hair loss disorder, known as Alopecia areata
- Connective tissue disorder
- Zing exhaustion (it even forms a line across the nail)
A simple injury should heal quickly by itself , in other cases do not hesitate to ask for help.
5. Curved Inward Or Spoon Shaped Nails:
This disorder results with the nail curve going upwards and the nail bed is lower and impacted. Such symptoms can mean:
- Iron deficiency
- Heard disease
- Hemachromatosis, which is a liver disorder caused by the body absorbing too much iron
In order for the nail go retrieve its normal growing pace, a medical intervention is needed.
6. Dry And Fragile Nails:
If your nails are healthy, they tend to take care of themselves which means no additional cream od moisturizers id necessary. Otherwise, broken or dry nails can mean hormonal disorder or bacterial infection
- If your nails are fragile and crack easily this could mean thyroid disease
- Fungus is another problem resulting in brittle nails
If these problems are treated the nails will keep their health.
7. Watch –Glassed Nails
The clubbed nails disorder results with the nail bed being brought upward and it’is unusually round and pumped. This can indicate:
- Liver disease
- Bowel inflammation
- Troubles with breathing or any kind of lung disease
Although there are other symptoms for these diseases, nails can contribute to giving the right diagnosis.
8. Cracked Nails:
This can be a result of an injury. In any other case, this can mean:
- Vitamin C, protein or folic acid exhaustion
- Chronic malnutrition
- Whenever the nail bed cracks together with the top of the nail, it can indicate psoriasis.
The true way to improve this condition is to eat healthy.
Nails are not the only indicator of a disease but can really contribute to making a conclusion or giving a diagnosis for a disease. So watch over your nails because a large part of your health lies with them.